The world we live in is no longer separated by people, language, cultural values, 信仰和事件.
It is interconnected through people and events continually shaping our communities, our state, our college and, most importantly, ourselves.
At Southeast 社区 College, we provide educational opportunities through Global Education/出国留学 to enhance your college experience and improve your chances for success in your career and more. Our focus is to give you the tools you need to explore different cultures and manage yourself in a global economy. 的注入 global concepts in our curriculum makes you a more desirable employee because of your knowledge of international 环境s and your understanding of a diverse clientele.
We offer you the following opportunities through our 全球教育/出国留学 计划:
媒体俱乐部 The Club will meet the first Friday of each month, from noon-1 p.m. 通过Zoom，开始 in September and wrapping up in May. 有兴趣的人应该 联系 Nicole Trevena Flores 点击缩放链接. 午餐和学习 The 午餐和学习 events will be the second Friday of each month, from noon-1 p.m. 通过Zoom，开始 in September and wrapping up in April. 有兴趣的人应该 联系 Nicole Trevena Flores 点击缩放链接.
Global education complements your SCC experience by exposing you to differing ideas and perspectives which in turn makes you a more marketable candidate in the workplace. A global perspective prepares you to work successfully with and within other cultures by:
- Increasing your awareness of global issues and its impact on your life.
- Enhancing your understanding of the connection between local and global issues.
- Teaching you the knowledge and skills to be part of real-world solutions to real-world problems on the local and global levels.
- Allowing you to bridge cultural differences between people from diverse backgrounds in a cross-cultural setting.
We participate in the following one-way exchange programs:
- IREX Global Eurasian Undergraduate Exchange Program which brings SCC students from 欧亚大陆12个国家.
- Congress Bundestag Program brings us students from Germany. There are limited opportunities for reciprocal visits for SCC students to Germany through this exchange.
Faculty and staff have a variety of opportunities for involvement. 这些包括常规的 campus programming/trainings, Book Club, Learn at Lunch Series, leading student travel abroad opportunities, participation in the 全球教育 Team, nominating a colleague for the 全球教育奖, as well as working to internationalize curriculum.
The 媒体俱乐部 will be meet the first Friday of each month, from noon-1 p.m. 通过放大. 有兴趣的人应该 联系 Nicole Trevena Flores 点击缩放链接.
- September/February: a Ted Talk (20 mins or less video) to be shown during the meeting with discussion to follow.
- 10月./March: A Book discussion. The 10月ober selection is "On Juneteenth” by Annette Gordon Reed and the March selection is “Be the Refuge” by Chenxing Han.
- 11月./April: A Video/Movie (to be watched on your own) to meet and discuss. 11月的 selection is “Salam Neighbor” and the April selection is “Living on 1 Dollar a Day."
全球教育 and the SCC Diversity Program are complementary endeavors intended to inform students, staff, faculty and the community regarding different ways of thinking, 存在与行动. The differences lie in the focus of each initiative.
- 全球教育 is student and curriculum focused. It helps you understand your place in this world as individuals and as a country. Understanding that we are not only United States citizens, but also citizens of the world is critical for success in 全球经济. SCC is preparing you for future success by infusing a global perspective 融入我们的课程. We want you to have an understating of cultural and societal differences both inside the U.S. 在我们的国界之外. Our goal is to provide you with educational experiences that will enable you to work and compete in a global 环境.
- SCC Diversity Program is employee and experience focused. Our diversity education focuses more on the dynamics of diversity and multiculturalism within the context 美国的.S. Its primary focus is to provide SCC employees with opportunities to learn about and experience the dynamics of race, culture and ethnicity outside the academic and scholarly framework.